Boat insurance surveys in Langkawi
An Insurance Survey is be required periodically by Insurers, generally every 3-5 years and 10 years for rigging.
As part of our insurance survey inspection all items are inspected and any defects found recorded with recommendations made which maybe carried out to satisfy the need of the insurance company.
The survey includes a full inspection and testing of systems to identify potential problems. The pre purchase surveys should include a haul out and sea trial. The information is gathered professionally, efficiently and impartially.
Scope for Pre Purchase Boat Survey:
- Details of boat such as description, dimensions, registration
- Hull below waterline including keel
- Topsides above waterline
- All deck mouldings and all superstructure
- Bulkheads and structual stiffening
- Skin fittings and all through hulls, hoses and fastenings
- Rudder and steering equipment
- Ports, windows and ventilation
- Electronic and navigation equipment including lights
- Electrical Installation
- Rigging including running, standing and attachment points
- Pulpit, pushpit, stanchions, lifelines, jackstays, deck cleats
- Ground tackle and mooring arrangements
- Mast, sails, covers, furling, and reefing equipment where fitted
- Bilge pumps
- Fire-fighting equipment
- EPIRBS and other emergency equipment
- Engine(s) and installation including fuel systems and filtration
- Heads and accommodation
- Gas locker and installation
- Fresh water tanks and delivery
What our clients say
We requested an Insurance Survey from Mark Board for our 46 ft catamaran. Despite very short notice, Mark responded quickly and efficiently. He researched our boat prior to arrival and had an in depth knowledge of its origins, structure and performance. He was happy for me to accompany him at all times. He did a thorough job and gave us some excellent pointers and advice. Mark is highly qualified and we are very satisfied clients. Based on our experience we wouldn’t hesitate to recommend his services.